Out Of Ammo, an early access game that is now available on Steam and supports the HTC Vive. Out Of Ammo costs $14.99USD
- OS: Windows 8 or 10
- Processor: Intel i5
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 3 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Requires HTC Vive
Out of Ammo is an intense virtual reality strategy game for the HTC Vive that puts you in the commander’s seat against wave after wave of soldiers. Built exclusively for the HTC Vive to make use of motion tracking, the game allows you to move around the battlefield to build defenses and issue orders. You can even directly possess your units to directly engage the enemy making use of cover and preparing your magazines carefully so you don’t…. run out of ammo!
- Four unique environments to try your skill on
- Construct defenses such as sandbags and watchtowers
- Issue orders to your soldiers
- Five different kinds of units each with special abilities
- Possess any units directly to control their engagement
- Call in artillery, airstrikes, and sniper targets
- Fixed Machine guns, Grenades, and more
Play Out Of Ammo with your HTC Vive
Out of Ammo has been designed exclusively around the HTC Vive. Possessing your units allows you to utilize the full capability and power of the positional tracking; take cover behind sandbags, lean over a tower railing, or duck behind your sandbags and grab a grenade to throw as a last resort! Full physics applied to game objects further enhances your experience allowing you to position your magazines in the space around you ready for when you need to reload.
- Rifleman – Thirty round fully-automatic rifle with manual magazine reload
- Sniper – Semi-automatic bolt action long distance rifle with scope
- Rocketeer – Single-shot re-loadable rocket-propelled grenade launcher
- Medic – Heals troops but can shoot with a pistol when controlled
- Engineer – Constructs and repairs fortifications, can shoot with a pistol when controlled
A small base perched in a clearing at the bottom of a valley. Backed by a river the location offers good cover from the rear. All the facilities are centrally located making it reasonably easy for the talented commander to defend.
A very tight open space in the city serves as a base for local operations. You won’t have much warning for the enemies approach, but they will also have fewer routes in to your location. Additionally, the high-rise buildings that surround you offer excellent over-watch for enemy snipers. Beware of their red IR beams that indicate they are sighting your troops!
Out in the open fields of the desert you have excellent vision of enemy incoming from all directions. However, if you can see them they can see you. Here you can, and often will, be attacked from all directions. Choose your defensive locations carefully and be prepared to recommit forces quickly in order to maintain this position. A real challenge for any commander.
Set high in the mountains at twilight, battle against an enemy in difficult conditions. Visibility is hard due to the falling light and your vision of enemies is hampered by the nearby forest. Some lights exist in the compound and your soldiers have set fires nearby the camp to try and help highlight incoming enemy.