Codemasters have announced that DiRT 4 is coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC in June 2017.
DiRT 4 features a game-changing system called Your Stage; an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce an almost-infinite number of unique stages at the press of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters, then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends, and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.
With DiRT 4, we’ve sought to combine the levels of thrill and realism from last year’s DiRT Rally with the fearless excitement, fun, and adrenaline-fuelled races previously seen in its critically acclaimed prequels DiRT 2 and DiRT 3.
Featuring classic rally racing that continues to build on the foundations set by the Colin McRae Rally games, the brutal, fast-paced racing from the official FIA World Rallycross Championship, the crazy battles of racing trucks and buggies, and the outrageous fun of open events in Joyride, players will face challenges from locations that span three continents.
● Over 50 off-road vehicles including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
● Five rally places with millions of routes: Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden and Wales
● Official game of the FIA World Rallycross Championship – with races in Montalegre, Lohéac Brittany, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a variety of different series
● Landrush – Short Dirt Track Race in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro 4 trucks and cross-cart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
● Joyride: time racing, scrap racing, free play areas and exciting challenges to send them to friends
● Dirt Academy: DirtFish Rally School in Washington,
● Career Mode – Create a driver, complete all disciplines, successfully promote sponsorship, and build a team with clear goals and rewards
● Contests: Master daily, weekly and monthly challenges against friendly players around the world
● Next generation racer: live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform best-lists and improved CREST telemetry system
● Tuning: Improve setup based on vehicle, conditions and weather conditions
● Damage and repairs: Wear and damage are carried out with an improved damage model. Damage can be remedied by hiring engineers and mechanics for the service area of the team, but they have only a limited period of time to make repairs between the races